Etienne BAUDOUX

Support forum for Etienne BAUDOUX's projects

Unable to get 2.0.0.3 to work in XP Pro even though I was using 1.0.0.x daily.

WolvenSpectre
    New
    New

Unable to get 2.0.0.3 to work in XP Pro even though I was using 1.0.0.x daily.

Post by WolvenSpectre on Fri Jun 14, 2013 6:15 pm

I used just about every trick over a day and and a bit to get CZ 2 to work and all I managed to do was get the paste bar to appear a couple of times and the classic list once.

I tried installing, uninstalling and reinstalling, reseting each setting manually and to defaults, rebooting many, many times, uninstalling with Revo and installing, and even tried differnt processor affinities and all to no avail.

The only things I haven't tried that I can think of is rebuilding my OS and testing all installations and processes against it.

I gave up and decided to go back to 1.0.0.x and then I found the new installer had overwritten the old installer, and I can't find a version of it anywhere online.  The few places I can find it all backlink to you and now link to 2.0.0.x.  Even their screenshots now show CZ 2.

I was hoping I could get a copy of CZ 1 from you so I can use it until the next time I rebuild my machine or try again or you have a new release.

I am using 32 bit XP Pro SP3 fully up to date with all my .net libraries up to date.  

I am using 2 identical 1080p monitors driven off a single Nvidia card with factory overclock that does not span the displays.  (I found that issues got worse switching from my main to secondary monitor and back.)
    Admin
    Admin

Re: Unable to get 2.0.0.3 to work in XP Pro even though I was using 1.0.0.x daily.

Post by Admin on Fri Jun 21, 2013 6:52 pm

Hi,

Sorry for the time to answer.

It's strange. After some tests, CZ 2 run correctly on XP Pro SP2 and SP3. Have you tried the keyboard shortcut to make appear the paste bar? Have you copy some datas before trying to show it? Are you sur that CZ 2 is running?

I have upload CZ 1.0 for you : http://files.velersoftware.com/clipboardzanager/Install_ClipboardZanager_1.0.exe

Have a nice day

Veler Software
    The simplicity and performance

Twitter : http://twitter.com/VelerSoftware
    Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/group.php?gid=248189523710&ref=ts
    WolvenSpectre
    New
    New

Re: Unable to get 2.0.0.3 to work in XP Pro even though I was using 1.0.0.x daily.

Post by WolvenSpectre on Sat Jun 22, 2013 7:16 am

"Have you tried the keyboard shortcut to make appear the paste bar?"
    Yes. I also tried changing it, reseting to defaults (by the way thanks for that feature, so much software leaves that out and it makes troubleshooting troublesome), and switching the paste bar for the classic list mode.

"Have you copy some datas before trying to show it?"
    Yes, text, files, images, and a mixture of all of the above.  On the very few occasions I could get the paste bar or the classic list to come up all but one time it had all of the copied info I was trying to use, but even then I only got it to paste once.  The largest issue was most of the time I couldn't even get the paste bar or list to appear, let alone paste something with it. 

"Are you sur that CZ 2 is running?"
    Yes. In the task bar the CZ 2 icon is in the system tray and is usually interactable and using both task manager and the utility System Explorer the process is show to be running.  It seems to be an interface issue with CZ 2 not picking up on the shortcuts, both default and custom. being pressed.  Other than the default I set it to CTRL-ALT-SPACE and several other left handed keyboard shortcuts.

Other than that an issue might be a software confilict as I run an unusual number of small applications and utilities to tweak the user experience of XP to my preferences, or possibly it is just getting time to rebuild my OS and this is the first crack in the edifice letting me know it is time to do it.

I did like some of the design upgrades you did to the software that actually would make CZ 2 work better for me than 1 did... I guess I will just have to give it another try when I do rebuild my system to see if I can narrow down what is going on on my end.

Thank you very much for letting me download one, although I had to use Google Translate on some of the settings in the installer as my poor High School Canadian French just wasn't cutting the mustard, somewhat more embarrassing as a son of a French Woman Laughing

Also no need to appologize for the late reply (although to be honest I would have done it too) but I understood that the Forums aren't often used which means you would likely not see the issue right away anyway.

Once again, Thanks for the help.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:02 pm